Entry is now closed for 2022.
The online portal for 2022 team declaration entries is now closed.
Woodbridge School, Woodbridge IP12 4JH
Team price: £54 – affiliated team and £66 – non affiliated/social team.
Distance: 26.2 miles run by teams of six as a relay. Each lap is an accurately measured 2.5k – run mainly on grass
Start at 10:20: Teams: 6 runners, minimum age 16. Stage distances are:
- 7.2k – 3 laps
- 5k – 2 laps
- 10k – 4 laps
- 5k- 2 laps
- 10k – 4 laps
- 5k 2 laps
Team entry of £20.00
Start at 09:30: Teams of 4 running 4 x 1.1 mile legs – so 1 lap per runner. Children aged 8 and under must run with an adult.
Includes chip timing through a baton. The race time limit is 45 minutes. A medal for all junior runners, and a trophy for each runner in a winning team (6 categories). Please note that for 2022 a maximum entry 6 teams per club.
Harwich have kindly agreed to time the event. Timing chips are located in a baton which must be handed to the next runner at changeover. The chips will only trigger the timing mat if the baton is held in front of your body
Trophies will be awarded (one per team only) to:
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Men’s and Ladies Open teams
- 1st ,2nd ,3rd Mixed team (minimum 2 female runners to score)
- 1st Men’s and 1st Ladies Veterans teams (Female 35+ and Males 40+)
- 1st Super Vets (Male only aged 50+)
- 1st Super Vets team – (Female aged 45+)
- 1st Team over 60 – male/female, any combination accepted
- 1st Team over 70 – male/female, any combination accepted
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Non-affiliated/social/business team
- Individual trophies – fastest man and lady over each distance – 7.2k, 5k and 10k.
- Non-affiliated/social category – only teams with less than 3 affiliated runners qualify for social team prizes.
Trophies (4 per team) will be awarded to:
- 1st team – 12 and overs – Male open, female open, mixed teams.
- 1st Team – 11 and under – male open, female open, mixed teams.
- Mixed teams must have a minimum of 1 of each sex, so can be 3 boys one girl, 2 boys/2 girls or 3 girls and 1 boy.
We will have 2 x waves with the over 12s starting first and the under 12s starting a minute later
Dogs – We will not allow anyone with a dog on to the School premises
Showers – We will NOT have access to the School showers
Catering: There will be a pay barbeque, refreshments and ice creams available.
Charity: JAFFA will donate the proceeds from the race to local charities.