Entry for 2023 is now open! To reserve your entries and any further enquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For approved registered team the online portal for team declaration is now at http://portal.ipswichekiden.co.uk/.
New Venue: Ipswich High School, Woolverstone, Ipswich IP9 1AZ
The race map for 2023 can now be download here.
If you want to drop off gazebos and tents then you will need to arrive before 08:15. Please let the race director know your vehicle reg no if possible.
Please explain to the car parking team that you want to drop off equipment and you will then continue down the drive, bear to the right and can then park in a car park on the right hand side adjacent to one of the school buildings, there are approx. 30 spaces. The entrance way to the gazebo area is opposite. If the car park here is full then you will need to park under the trees on the left and once unloaded drive around the school access road and back down the drive and park in the car park. (Refer to the attached map). Race day is busy, we have 1200 runners so I recommend you get there early. The car park will be open from 7:45
Please do not leave cars and block the access road which is required for emergency services.
- The course layout is similar to that at Woodbridge so is set up for spectators. Please use the dedicated crossing areas to cross the course and be courteous to those running.
- Race day weather – at this early stage it is changeable. The entire event is in the open so I recommend that you bring a gazebo or tent to act as your team race base. These can be set up in the central part of the course on the main field. This is a large area so there will be plenty of room for everyone.
- A reminder that to keep entry costs down we are restricting prizes to the 1st team in each category.
- The School is located in the village of Woolverstone. There is a long drive leading to the school, with the entrance to the car park on the left half way along the drive. It is possible that at peak times traffic could be backed up on to the road. The car park is separate from the course so you can leave before the end of the event.
- There is a dedicated area for coaches and minibuses near the start (see map). If you haven’t done so please let me know if you are travelling by coach/minibus.
- Friday 5 trophies will be awarded at approx. 2:30 but can be collected on the day by a club member
- For those spectating there are some great walks along by the River Orwell which is accessible from the school grounds, with Pin Mill being close by. There is a popular pub at Pin Mill, the Butt and Oyster but you would need to book if you wish to eat there. We will have a bar with lots of food options available on site, with the addition of pizza this time.
The Senior race will take place after the Junior race has finished at 10.20. Teams of 6 will cover the marathon distance of 26.2 miles run as a relay. Each lap is an accurately measured 2.5k – run mainly on grass. Stage distances are: leg 1 – 7.2k – 3 laps; leg 2 – 5k – 2 laps; leg 3 – 10k – 4 laps; leg 4 – 5k- 2 laps; leg 5 – 10k – 4 laps ; leg 6 – 5k 2 laps. Minimum age 16 on race day.
Team price: £54 – affiliated team and £66 – non affiliated/social team.
The Junior race will start at 09:30. Teams of 4 running 4 x 1 mile legs divided up to 2 laps per runner. Children aged 8 and under must run with an adult. Team entry of £20.00 includes chip timing through a baton. The race time limit is 45 minutes. A medal for all junior runners, and a trophy for each winning team (6 categories).
Harwich have kindly agreed to time the event. Timing chips are located in a baton which must be handed to the next runner at changeover. The chips will only trigger the timing mat if the baton is held in front of your body
Senior race trophies will be awarded (one per team only) to:
- 1st Men’s and Ladies Open teams
- 1st Mixed team (minimum 2 female runners to score)
- 1st Men’s and 1st Ladies Veterans teams (Female 35+ and Males 40+)
- 1st Super Vets (Male only aged 50+)
- 1st Super Vets team – (Female aged 45+)
- 1st Team over 60 – male/female, any combination accepted
- 1st Team over 70 – male/female, any combination accepted
- 1st Non-affiliated/social/business team
- Non-affiliated/social category – only teams with less than 3 affiliated runners qualify for social team prizes.
We will not be providing trophies to 2nd and 3rd place teams to help maintain entry fees and to reduce the environmental impact of the event.
Junior race trophies (1 per team) will be awarded to:
- 1st team – 12 and overs – male open, female open, mixed teams.
- 1st Team – 11 and under – male open, female open, mixed teams.
Mixed juniors teams must have a minimum of 1 of each sex, so can be 3 boys one girl, 2 boys/2 girls or 3 girls and 1 boy.
We will have 2 x waves with the over 12s starting first and the under 12s starting a minute later.
Dogs – We will not allow anyone with a dog on to the School premises
Showers – We will not have access to the School showers or changing facilities
Catering: There will be a pay barbeque, refreshments and ice creams available.
Charity: JAFFA will donate the proceeds from the race to local charities.
Its best to enter by email and settle payment using BACS, only use the following entry form for postal entries.
The Race Director is Alec Wright
Robin Belsom is handling entries – Email: email@example.com