The Ekiden is back but at a new venue! We are delighted to be able to invite you to apply for entries to the 2023 Ellisons Ekiden at our new host venue of Ipswich High School, Woolverstone.
Many thanks to Ellisons Solicitors for continuing to sponsor the event.
The format is detailed below:
- We have a reduced entry so may have to allocate entries on a proportionate basis if the race is heavily oversubscribed.
- Harwich have kindly agreed to time the race. Their system works on the chip being located in a baton, with one baton per team.
- We will not be providing trophies to 2nd and 3rd place teams to help maintain entry fees and to reduce the environmental impact of the event.
- There will NOT be a live results feed, the final results will be provided at the end of the race with the prizes for the fastest leg times being posted to the winners.
- The Junior race will start at 09:30. Teams will be expected to complete the race within 45 minutes. Junior race limit – 40 teams – maximum 6 per club
- The Senior race will take place after the Junior race has finished at 10.20 with an expected race limit of 150 teams. I will have to review team allocation if the race is over subscribed.
- Multi team entries – you can reserve your entries and finalise the details nearer to race date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Team registration – you will again be able to register your line ups through a web portal and make your own changes – https://portal.ipswichekiden.co.uk/.
- Places are not secured until paid (unless agreed with the Race Director).
- Full race rules can be found here.
For 2023 we continue to welcome support from our main sponsors Elisons Solicitors.
Ipswich JAFFA have been staging the only Ekiden held in the UK for over 20 years, and it is now a well established fixture in the local racing calendar. It attracts runners from all over East Anglia, with the 2017 event having a record entry of 200 teams. There is a Junior Ekiden for those aged under 16.
The 26.2 mile race will be run by teams of six as a relay. Legs: 1 x 7.2km, 3 x 5km and 2 x 10km
Club teams and social and business teams are all welcome .